Call Us: 304-354-9244
Emergency: Call 911
Your partner in health today, tomorrow, and for life.
Brandi Grogg, LPN
All children enrolled in the School-Based Health (SBH) Program are eligible to receive services regardless of insurance status.
All co-pays and deductibles for medical, dental, and mental health visits shall remain the responsibility of the patient guarantor. As a reminder, for those who qualify based on income there is an available Sliding Fee Program that may help with service costs. This program is available even for those who have insurance. MHHS will process the visits, bill all applicable insurance, and then apply Sliding Fee if applicable.
If you have questions surrounding the Sliding Fee application process, please contact Janet Heiney at 304-354-5972.
Parents/guardians will receive a billing statement of their obligation. Patient medical records, billing information can be accessed through the patient portal. Please visit our website, click on the patient portal access, and sign up today.
Mandi Johnson, FNP
Calhoun School Based Health Centers
Students can be seen and treated at the School Based Health Clinic for any medical issue they would normally go to their pediatrician or primary care provider.
Services included, but not limited to:
· Yearly physical exams (well-child checks)
· Chronic disease (high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.,)
· Acute illness (cold, allergies, cough, headache, sprains, cuts, etc.,)
· Allergy injections
· Sports physicals
· Medically-prescribed lab tests (small selection)
· Vision screens
· Hearing screens
· Health education and prevention
· Dental care referrals
· Behavioral health referrals
· X-Ray and laboratory orders
Jeanie Garrett, LPN
Gilmer School Based Health Centers
Lisa Cottrill, FNP-BC
During your Visit
· If you need a school excuse, please be sure to ask the provider during the visit.
· If the SBH provider feels it is best for you to go home, you will be directed to call your parent/guardian from the SBH clinic. If you cannot reach them by phone, the SBH staff will let the front office know that you are being sent home and will need to use the phone.
The provider will make every attempt to contact the parent/guardian by phone or letter as indicated to inform parents regarding your child’s treatment plan
Minnie Hamilton Health System operates School Based Health Centers in Calhoun and Gilmer County schools. In Calhoun County, we have School Based Clinics in Calhoun Middle/High School, Arnoldsburg Elementary and Pleasant Hill Elementary. In Gilmer County we have a SBH Clinic at Gilmer County High School, and Gilmer County Elementary.